Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Inputting Data-Non English Characters-In Database Connection

Shelton_Thompson
8 - Asteroid

I am using the in-database tools to pull data from Impala. The data streaming into the Alteryx designer contains non English characters such as "ŞİŞLİ" but when this flows into the Alteryx designer it changes to "L" which is not what I want to happen. I want to be able to correctly stream in all characters (Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc.)  without it erroring and replacing those characters with  

I tried following this article, but couldn't find similar settings in either the Manage Connections for the connection string or the in-database tools to make the adjustment to support the non English characters. I am using a dnless connection. 

h target=_blank target=_blankttps://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Inputti... 

1 REPLY 1
Shelton_Thompson
8 - Asteroid

One of my colleagues had the solution.

Just needed to add UseSQLUnicodeTypes=1 to the connection string then all the non-english characters (Chinese, Korean, Russian, etc.) will output correctly.

Labels