Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input tool warning

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm receiving this warning. How can i ignore this and remove this?

Warning: Input Data Progress will not be displayed. Record count unavailable.

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ronal_bal , could you provide a screenshot and attach the workflow that's producing this error?

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

If I assume that you are Inputting from a database and asked to see the process, then the warning indicates that because of either the embedded SQL in the Input widget or your database access is not allowing Alteryx to show that progress. I get that message occasionally when I access Teradata via Views in my Input widget. This will not affect the workflow, only the visualizations.

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

It is pulled from sql db. And is there a way I can make the warning to go away? or to fix this?

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

Can you elaborate what you cant see in the visualizations? 

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid
soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

as with most warnings, once you've verified they are not impacting your workflow; you simply ignore them. the visualization that I referenced is in during runtime you see a percent complete cycling above the input widget. And the option to choose in your input configuration is "Do Not Show % Complete".

soccertil1108_0-1655661673103.png

Ronal_bal
8 - Asteroid

By making this change to choose in input configuration "Do Not Show % Complete" helps is ignoring the warning?

@soccertil1108 

Labels