Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input tool - You have found a bug.  Replicate, then let us know.  We shall fix it soon.

bjschwartz3
8 - Asteroid

I get the following error when trying to read in particular table from SQL.

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 06/08/2021 08:16:17

Error: Input Data (1): You have found a bug.  Replicate, then let us know.  We shall fix it soon.

End: Designer x64: Finished running in 1.8 seconds with 1 error

All I have is a single input tool trying to read in a SQL table. I can read the table in SQL server. I can read in other tables in the same DB in Alteryx but I can't read in this particular table. This table does have a different schema.

Any ideas on how to fix?

11 REPLIES 11
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bjschwartz3 ,

are you simply using the input tool to pick up this single table, no additional SQL or anything?

When you go to to the SQL Editor tab in the input tool and click "Test Query" does it run correctly?

mceleavey_0-1623162731711.png

M.

Bulien

bjschwartz3
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey 

Yea, I have:

select *
from SchemaName.TableName

but when I hit Test Query, I get an error:

Test Query Error: Win32 Exception.

bjschwartz3_0-1623163006437.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@bjschwartz3 ,

ouch.

In that case I would switch everything off, cover it in petrol and set it on fire.

Alternatively, @TheOC do you have any ideas?

Bulien

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I believe win32 exceptions are thrown when access is not permitted to the table. Theres some information about this here (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-Win32-Exception-when-connecti...

I would try to make sure you have access to that particular table, other than that, I'm not perfectly sure!

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
bjschwartz3
8 - Asteroid

@TheOC wrote:

I believe win32 exceptions are thrown when access is not permitted to the table. Theres some information about this here (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Error-Win32-Exception-when-connecti...

I would try to make sure you have access to that particular table, other than that, I'm not perfectly sure!

Cheers,
TheOC

I'm able to read the table via SQL Server Management Studio so I didn't think it was a permission error but I will have the IT team verify.

bjschwartz3
8 - Asteroid

@TheOC 

IT checked it out and permissions are there. We were able to get it working by removing all the fields that are datetimeoffset. Does Alteryx not support reading in those field types? Perhaps a driver issue as we recently upgraded our SQL servers.

doypadilla
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there.

Has there been a solution for this bug? 

I recently updated Alteryx from a 2019 version where the SFDC connector isn't having this bug. Once I used the newest version, it started showing the error message, even if I have not changed anything. I tried creating a new connector but it was still giving me the same error message, even when all I did was just type in my credentials.

Thanks for the help!

elocke
7 - Meteor

I just had this same error when trying to pull from a Microsoft Azure database. I was able to fix it by changing the format of my "Where" statement. It seems that Alteryx is now trying to be "smarter" by auto-updating the SQL inside the SQL editor window. It was converting     [column] != 'xyz'    to     [column] ! = 'xyz'    with a space in between the ! and the = sign. When I moved to    not ([column] = 'xyz')    the error stopped happening.

I would suggest that you look to see if Alteryx is messing with your query after loading it into the SQL editor and then closing the window and reopening it. Try adding aliases to your tables, and looking for weird format changes and try and get around them with an equivalent statement.

afletemi
5 - Atom

I have same issue with SFDC connector.  In the "Custom Query" configuration box I can get a successful query test and it tells me the number of records selected but the tool will not run on the workflow.   My only option right now is a generic ODBC connection to Salesforce which seems very slow and doesn't have the useful configuration options the connector does.  I tried a support ticket but they were not helpful.

Labels