Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input multiples xlsm files

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Hello 

I'm trying to open several xlsm files from a directory but I can't find a way to do so.

I now it's easy for xslx files but that xlsm format bother me. 

Those files contains multiples sheets but I only am interested in one sheet (named "Output")

I'm looking for a way so I wouldn't have to manually convert the files type to the xlsx format

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Fixed x)

Simply with replacing the file name in the input tool by *.xlsm and then after choosing the table

Syarifhidayat
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Hakimipous,

for your problem, actually Alteryx can open several xlsm data files in one time. but in order for you to do so, you need to follow this instruction:-

1- Each files should have same name (Eg: test1, test2, test3)

2- Connect the first file with alteryx using input tools as usual and locate the sheet you want to select.

(Eg: file-test1, sheet-Output )

3- After you select the first file, you change the location at Connect a File or Database from test1 to test*

4- then hit run o see the result.

This way, you does not need to change your file format. Just make sure the name is same by adding 1,2,3 at the end of the file name. Hope this solution may help you.

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Thanks ! I'll try this one too

Labels