Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input multiple excel files

sallyjeon124
7 - Meteor

I built workflow that works for one excel file, but want to know if there is any way I can use this workflow for multiple excel files.

The files are in a folder and have different names (e.g. XYZ, ABC, ACO...). Each file has 3 tabs (sheets) and the sheet names are consistent (Tab A, Tab B, and Tab C). To run the workflow, I only need to use the Tab A (I do not need Tab B and Tab C).

I tried the wildcard input, but it didn't work since it combines the multiple sheets into one sheet.

The workflow I built looks like this.

1.JPG

The final output should look like this: (each file goes through the workflow and become one line - it works for one file if I input one file.)

For example,

Input ABC file -> go through the workflow -> create row 2 in the final output

Input XYZ file -> go through the workflow -> create row 3 in the final output

and so on for all the files in the folder.

2.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
scowilso
5 - Atom

Id 

I don't understand it, but it worked beautitfully. So long as all you excel workbooks are formatted correctly you're good.
Labels