Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input error

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I came across a new error and I have no clue as to what it is. I'm inputting an excel file. Any help on this please? Thank you in advance!

aparna0208_0-1595371705582.png

4 REPLIES 4
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think what's happening is that you're trying to load an excel file as a yxdb file format. Check option 2 in the input data tool configuration pane

DavidP_0-1595373009577.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @aparna0208 , in case your configuration file is different than the screenshot attached kindly change the file format to xlsx or simply drag and drop the file into the canvas.I believe you are trying to input xlsx file but using a different file format. I hope this works.

grazitti_sapna_1-1595392717791.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your inputs @DavidP @grazitti_sapna . This is kind of weird where when I plug in another excel file then workflow runs fine but for this one particular excel file it throws error. Also, the error is somewhere in the middle of the workflow. As indicated in below screenshot, the purple arrow is where I plug in the excel file but error occurs in the tool indicated in red. I'm confused as to why it would error out only for this particular excel file.

aparna0208_0-1595432702992.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

All the error means is that the filename and filepath points to an excel file (which is correct), but just underneath that where the file format is specified, the yxdb format is picked, so all you have to do is change the file format from yxdb to Excel in the tool that has the error.

I have replicated this and showed a screenshot in my original post to show which bit has to be changed.

Labels