Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input data returning single row

Puru
7 - Meteor

Hi

Input data workflow returns single row. There is no limit set. It is ODBC database connection and the query works perfectly in MySql.

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you try adding a browse tool afterwards? It could just be the data preview on the anchor of the tool. Add a browse tool and run it again to represent all of the data if it is over 1MB.

Puru
7 - Meteor

Thanks Brandon

Already tried that. The Browse tool also shows single record in it.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Normally when I see something like this and it isn't fixed by adding a browse tool, it is either the query itself or the driver being leveraged. Given that you said the query works within mysql I am thinking it is probably the driver. 

What database are you connecting to and what driver are you using?

Puru
7 - Meteor

MySql ODBC 5.1

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you trim down to a more simple query and see if you can pull more rows?

Puru
7 - Meteor

Thanks Brandon

It did. Not sure why, I added limit 100 and it worked.

You have a wonderful day.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Happy to help! As reference, here is the MySQL data source page: https://help.alteryx.com/current/DataSources/MySQL.htm 

The drivers we currently support are

ODBC client version 5.01.04.00, 5.01.12.00
ODBC client version 5.02.06.00, ANSI and Unicode® encoding (Spatial support)

I normally check my query first alongside my driver just to double check everything is good to go

KentCampbell
6 - Meteoroid

I have an situation where I'm running 4 queries from the exact same access file in the exact same location and 3 of the queries work and produce results.  One produces 0 rows however copying and pasting the queries Alteryx has in the access file that Alteryx is pointing to and it produces 263 rows.  It can't be a driver issues because all 4 input tools use the same file/database (just queries different tables).  It can't be a query issue because the query works just fine in access.  I am not limiting my records in my input configuration.  Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Labels