Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input data returning single row

Puru
7 - Meteor

Hi

Input data workflow returns single row. There is no limit set. It is ODBC database connection and the query works perfectly in MySql.

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you try adding a browse tool afterwards? It could just be the data preview on the anchor of the tool. Add a browse tool and run it again to represent all of the data if it is over 1MB.

Puru
7 - Meteor

Thanks Brandon

Already tried that. The Browse tool also shows single record in it.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Normally when I see something like this and it isn't fixed by adding a browse tool, it is either the query itself or the driver being leveraged. Given that you said the query works within mysql I am thinking it is probably the driver. 

What database are you connecting to and what driver are you using?

Puru
7 - Meteor

MySql ODBC 5.1

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you trim down to a more simple query and see if you can pull more rows?

Puru
7 - Meteor

Thanks Brandon

It did. Not sure why, I added limit 100 and it worked.

You have a wonderful day.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Happy to help! As reference, here is the MySQL data source page: https://help.alteryx.com/current/DataSources/MySQL.htm 

The drivers we currently support are

ODBC client version 5.01.04.00, 5.01.12.00
ODBC client version 5.02.06.00, ANSI and Unicode® encoding (Spatial support)

I normally check my query first alongside my driver just to double check everything is good to go

KentCampbell
6 - Meteoroid

I have an situation where I'm running 4 queries from the exact same access file in the exact same location and 3 of the queries work and produce results.  One produces 0 rows however copying and pasting the queries Alteryx has in the access file that Alteryx is pointing to and it produces 263 rows.  It can't be a driver issues because all 4 input tools use the same file/database (just queries different tables).  It can't be a query issue because the query works just fine in access.  I am not limiting my records in my input configuration.  Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Labels