Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input_Output file used history

PB41091
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am running a workflow with several input files and generating output file at different stages. This is recurring activity and with every run input files may or may not change. So it is importantfor me to maintain record of each run. With the completion of workflow, I want to generate 1 summary and write it into excel for the list of input file names used, output file generated, date of run and who has run the workflow.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@PB41091 you can configure the Input Data tool to output the file name or the full file path. This will be appended to the data as a new field that you can use in the workflow.

image.png

The attached example demonstrates how you can capture the file name in the workflow and generate the timestamp for when the workflow began executing. It is not possible to capture the user information unless you are running the workflow on Alteryx Server. However, the username may appear in the full file path which could also be parsed.

image.png

Labels