Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Multiple files with different schemas (same layout) from one location

jonnybruce
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I wish to create a tool which inputs files with different schemas (same layout however) based on a file location. I want this to be downloadable for people so they can also use it (so directory must be changeable) and also the number of files can vary. Is this possible to do? 

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jonnybruce have a look at this article which talks through solutions for your challenge. If you are working with excel files then the solution from this post is what you need. Addtionally this article talk through in detail how to get sheet name from excel files.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@jonnybruce , here is a workflow which read files with different schema. It might be helpful to you. Please check this and it can be enhanced as per requirements. Let me know if you need any other help on this.

Sapna Gupta
jonnybruce
6 - Meteoroid

Will I be able to incorporate these macros into my workflow so its only one download?

jonnybruce
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for this! Unfortunately I am unable to download this as I have to use the 2020 version of Alteryx; is there a version of this workflow which would be compatible with this?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes you be able to include the macros into a workflow that other users can download.

Labels