Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Multiple Sheets from 1 Excel File

kthakk7
7 - Meteor

I have an Excel File with multiple tabs (Central, Great Lakes, Northeast, Southeast, West, and Firmwide). I am using the input tool and connecting to the file - Import only the list of sheet names and connecting the browse tool I see 7 records instead of the 6 mentioned above. I am seeing the above in addition to Canada for some reason, but the tab is no where to be found within the file. Is there something I may be overlooking/missing here?

Also, once I figure the above step out is it best to use the Dynamic Input Tool and select one of the sheets? The data within each of the tabs (Central, Great Lakes, Northeast, Southeast, West, and Firmwide) all starts at line 12 with the same date time frames so no other significant changes should be there otherwise.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @kthakk7,

As for the first part, you likely have a hidden or very hidden worksheet.  Alteryx will find them all.

For your second question, using one of the sheets will work for the dynamic input as long as the sheets all have the same schema (same columns, same type of data in each column, etc), however this is static for the workflow and will not change if you connect new source data.

kthakk7
7 - Meteor

I have no hidden sheets in the Excel file though - where else would it be picking up the tab from? I haven't ever experienced this before..not sure where else to look!

kthakk7
7 - Meteor

You were right it was "very hidden"

I never knew this existed or was possible in Excel. I ended up right clicking - View Code - Under VBA Project Microsoft Excel Objects located the Canada sheet - Select the Canada sheet - On the bottom where it says Visible - Switched this to SheetVisible.

Labels