Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input File

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I wanted to use a combination of Directory, Formula and Dynamic Input Tool to input a file with a variable file name. In the example below, the month-end date changes while the string "Realized GL Annual" is static. In the Directory tool, I used a wild card *Realized GL Annual* to locate the file with a preferred string. My problem would be in using the Formula Tool in specifying the sheet in the input file that I wanted to use coz the month-end date changes. Also, the file only has one sheet and the sheet name is the file name itself by default when it is downloaded.

Ex: Realized GL Annual 1.31.2020

Hoping to get your suggestions. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @johnrexrima_19 ,

I'm attaching an example where I use two dynamic input tools, one to open all sheet names and another to open all files.

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You would do it with 2 dynamic input tools, like this:

The directory tool loads the file name, you then us a formula tool to change the fullpath to load a list of sheet names, then replace <list of sheet names> with the actual sheet names and then load the sheet with the 2nd dynamic input tool

DavidP_0-1582156270646.png

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @DavidP! Almost similar to the above suggestion but both are helpful. 

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @fmvizcaino!

Labels