Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input File

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I wanted to use a combination of Directory, Formula and Dynamic Input Tool to input a file with a variable file name. In the example below, the month-end date changes while the string "Realized GL Annual" is static. In the Directory tool, I used a wild card *Realized GL Annual* to locate the file with a preferred string. My problem would be in using the Formula Tool in specifying the sheet in the input file that I wanted to use coz the month-end date changes. Also, the file only has one sheet and the sheet name is the file name itself by default when it is downloaded.

Ex: Realized GL Annual 1.31.2020

Hoping to get your suggestions. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @johnrexrima_19 ,

I'm attaching an example where I use two dynamic input tools, one to open all sheet names and another to open all files.

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You would do it with 2 dynamic input tools, like this:

The directory tool loads the file name, you then us a formula tool to change the fullpath to load a list of sheet names, then replace <list of sheet names> with the actual sheet names and then load the sheet with the 2nd dynamic input tool

DavidP_0-1582156270646.png

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @DavidP! Almost similar to the above suggestion but both are helpful. 

johnrexrima_19
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @fmvizcaino!

Labels