community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE
SOLVED

Input File used in the Alteryx App on Gallery

Highlighted
Asteroid

@patrick_digan

It looks like there were errors while validating the workflow.

It says it cannot access the shared drive, and the input file is not found.

So for UNC, I literally clicked on "All UNC" button at the bottom left in Workflow Dependencies pop up and clicked "Ok". 

Thanks

Alteryx Partner

Appreciate your help in solving this.

I have access to one share drive and I kept my input files on that. When I run the workflow from my local machine it takes the input from the share drive and give the results as expected, however when I publish the workflow on the Alteryx Gallery (I made sure my files are/aren't being packaged whenever I save a file to the gallery), it resulted in "File not found" error.

On the whole, my question is my Alteryx Workflow when published on the Alteryx Gallery should always take the input from Share Drive or Share Point so that my workflow works without installing Alteryx on another machine and takes the most recent file(s) from the Share Drive or Share Point.

Asteroid

Hi @gajender,

The issue you face is similar to mine that I was able to work through.

Essentially, any file you are using on a workflow that is published on a gallery must reside in a folder that you and the alteryx server have access to. For this you may want to reach out to your IT folks. 

Once you have your file located there, then you will have to use UNC for the path when saving the file. 

If you read carefully through this thread, the details you need should be there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Christine

Labels