Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data tool with AMP Engine

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi,

I have an issue with the new AMP engine, which seems to caused by using a ODBC connection (to an Oracle db) in the Input Data tool. The workflow completes succesfully in the old engine, but with AMP, the workflow throws a Invalid DataWrap2 format

Changing the Input Data tool to use a OCI connection instead works just fine. For other reasons, we want to use an ODBC connection rather than OCI, so hope someone might be able to help me?

6 REPLIES 6
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Per 

1. What is your Oracle ODBC Driver version?  

2. What data types are you reading into the tool?

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @ntobon 

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using 19.6 (32-bit) and that seemed to be the culprit. Switching to the 64-bit allowed me to run the workflow as intended.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Per 

I am following up on some older posts related to AMP Engine. Did this ever get resolved for you? 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @TonyaS,

Yes, thanks. It was just a driver issue.

However, if you are looking into open AMP issues, I hope you will take a look here as well: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/The-allocator-would-appear-to-be-deadl...

Some workflows still get stuck when using AMP. It just keeps running, with no errors.

sivasambhulenka
5 - Atom

Can you please go to 'Runtime' tab and uncheck 'Use AMP Engine'

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Many AMP Engine issues were addressed with the 2021.3 Release version, including Memory Deadlock issues. AMP will be even better with the next 2021.4 Release version. I would suggest that users who use AMP upgrade to 2021.3 or newer version if possible and continue to use the AMP Engine, especially for all new workflows. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels