Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data to Sample tool taking >=45min to run dataset from Excel file. Any alternatives?

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

Good evening Alteryx Community,

Does anyone know of an alternative way to run Input Data via Excel file (i.e. 300+K records) to Sample tool (i.e. 5% selected to speed up run time) without it taking almost an hour?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Respectfully,

Corey

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@CoreyS 
I guess there is nothing we can do about the Excel file, so the options I can think of

1. Cache the data

2. Read and export to .yxdb then read it back, supposely it will be faster than Excel file.

Capture1.PNGUntitled2.png

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@CoreyS 

If having a random sample is not your concern then you can possibly just restrict the number of records that are being read in.

This can be done by configuring the input tool as shown below:-

jagdeeshn_0-1612482677501.png

Do let me know if this helps.

Best,

@Jagdeesh

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu thanks for the guidance and direction on 'Cache and Run Workflow'. I took your advice--combined with @JagdeeshN advice (thank you 🙏)--and now my workflow runs quickly!

Thanks for your help, gentlemen!

Respectfully,

Corey

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@CoreyS 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark.😁

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@JagdeeshN thanks for the configuration tips on the 'Record Limit'. I used your advice along with @Qiu advice of 'Cache and Run Workflow' to complete within seconds versus >=45min. For that, thanks gentlemen.....you guys rock!

Respectfully,

Corey

Labels