Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data: SHP file records limited???

TowerOfPower
5 - Atom

Hi all--

I'm reading in a SHP file of business locations across the U.S.  The file should be ~11 million records. However, the Northeastern states (NY, MA, MD, etc) are not showing up.

First thought was the file is corrupted. So I threw it into QGIS... all 11 million records are plotted correctly.

So then I think maybe it's a memory allocation issue. Went into Config >> Runtime and increased it to 5GB. Still nothing...

I notice that the file uses a non-conventional projection (EPSG:3857) and Alteryx doesn't immediately recognize it (have to type into Customer Projection dialogue box). Wondering if something is going wrong in the conversion process...

Any help from the Community would be hugely appreciated (as I'm sort of up against it)!

Thanks!

Mike

1 REPLY 1
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TowerOfPower - would it be possible to post the file? If it contains sensitive data, feel free to email it in to support@alteryx.com

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels