Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input Data - Excel Sheet Missing

HannahS
5 - Atom

I am attempting to test my workflow with past data to see if I still obtain the desired outputs. When attempting to change the input file to a new excel file, under <List of Sheet Names> the sheet I need does not show up.

The excel file I am trying to input has the exact same format as the file currently in the workflow (that works), it just has different data. The excel file is saved in .xlsx format, not .xls. The excel file is also not open when I am trying to input the sheet.

I can't seem to figure out what's going wrong. I'm hoping it's a simple fix and I'm just overlooking it because my morning coffee hasn't kicked in. Thank you in advance for any help!

8 REPLIES 8
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @HannahS

Can you provide a screen shot of your input tool config and the pop up (where you select the sheet)?

And if you're feeling extra generous a copy of the spreadsheet would be handy :)

HannahS
5 - Atom

Hopefully this is what you mean!

Capture.PNG

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

On that view, 

What happens when you click refresh? Do they show up?

HannahS
5 - Atom

Unfortunately, no.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

How odd!

Are you able to share your worksheet?

Neil

HannahS
5 - Atom

I can't, wish I could.

I made copies of the excel files and tried uploading the copies into Alteryx. After trying the upload a few times I was finally able to get Alteryx to recognize the sheet, which works for now. I just don't know why the original excel file was having problems.

I appreciate you taking the time to help!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @HannahS

I'm glad it's working, sorry I was unable to give you an actual reason why this is doing it.

Tomasz
6 - Meteoroid

If anyone has a similar problem, the solution is also here:

https://community.alteryx.com/pvsmt99345/board/message?board.id=designer-discussions&message.id=9156...

In my case, choosing "Microsoft Excel 1997-2003 (*xls)" for *.xlsx file helped.

Labels