Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input 1 excel file using join function outputting t 1 excel file with multiple sheets

TrinaRob
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have 4 different excel files with different names and ID numbers of people and the status of their work record. 

The names need to be divided out by the projects that they belong to. So basically what I have done so far is I manually added the 4 excel files to one excel file as the input file (just copied and pasted before I added it as an input file). Then I have another input file of an excel containing all the names and IDs and the projects they belong to.

I then have a join tool which links the individuals by ID number, and I have set 3 different output files (3 different projects), which goes to 1 excel file with a different sheet per excel.

When I view the data once I have run the workflow, it looks to be appearing how I want it to, however when I open the output excel file, it just contains headings with no names/work record status.

Any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

I tried Overwrite to Sheet (drop) and now tried append to existing sheet but the same issue is happening.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

What do the results messages log?

You should see if records are being written in there, that would be the first place I'd check

Labels