Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Initiating different input based on a condition

rdeshpande
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to initiate a different Input based on the day of the week.

If it is Monday, it should run input 1 (SAP variant for data from Fri-Sun)

If it is Tue-Fri, it should run Input 2 ( SAP variant for data from the previous day)

After this step, the rest of the workflow is exactly the same. Is there a way to accomplish it?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @rdeshpande 

Here is how you can do it. You can read both files and filter data accordingly. If Monday Input1 data will go forward and input2 will be blank if its not Monday Input2 data will go forward and input1 will be blank. This way you can regulate which data is fed into the later workflow.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1631293443689.png

Hope this helps : )

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I wanted to provide another option that does exactly what you requested as this may prove helpful in the future.

This will prevent the other input files from being loaded. This also would allow you to run the workflow in the instance that the Friday input does not exist yet.

You can use a Condition Tool in combination with action tools to disable containers when specific inputs are not required.

csmith11_0-1631300995815.png

You can use the test view in the Interface Designer window to confirm how the workflow will behave when run. Click Open Debug.

csmith11_2-1631300812352.png

When ran on Friday, the Monday input is disabled.

csmith11_1-1631300732144.png

Its important to note that the action tools will not modify the contains except when the workflow is run as an App or on Alteryx server.

See Workflow App attached. After Downloading, right click the file and click Edit to view workflow.

JohnsonRaju
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I tried using the same sequence of tools (Condition followed by an action to disable/enable the container).

But I encounter the below error. Could you please help understand why?

JohnsonRaju_0-1656571105401.png

Thanks!

Edit : The action tool configuration is as below 

JohnsonRaju_0-1656571282129.png

Labels