Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Information on option 4.Cache Data in Input Data Tool

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Can someone (briefly) explain the function of option 4. Cache Data in the Input Tool? What is being cached when the box is checked vs. unchecked? I want to make sure I understand the function of this option.

My error message:

Error: Input Data (1): C:\Users\first.m.last\AppData\Local\Temp\Engine_12345_._AlteryxInputCache_12345.yxdb
The FileID does not match in the FileHeader.

Unchecking the "Cache Data" option clears the error.

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

Cache option is for DB loads. If you check it, you need to run the input tool in order to cache. So load 1 will always be a non-cached load. Loads 2+ with that option previously selected will now be cached, which creates a YXDB in the appdata folder. This means that you do not require pulling the data from the DB, it will read in a YXDB instead which will be much faster. The draw back from this is the cache will not contain up-to-date data potentially if that table is updating frequently. What could have happened in your error is you saved the workflow as cache and then re-run it but the cache was wiped after you left Designer because it is temporary only. 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thank you @Inactive User!

Labels