Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Index/Match embed in Workflow? HELP

hgrebener002
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

A quick background - this Workflow is meant to automate 50+ corporate tax returns for Import into our tax return system.

OK here's the issue: I'm trying to dynamic rename two Headers in my workflow. Again, we have approx. 50 different entities and I need to match an Entity code we create to a "Locator ID" that our system creates. I also need to change the name of the entity during each run as well. I have a Dynamic Rename tool in my workflow right now with a Right and Left input. The Left Input is an Income Statement and the Right Input is a mapping file with all of the different codes and entity names. To Illustrate (Headers are in Bold) -

LEFT                                                                                                         RIGHT

7001                 Entity Name                                                      Entity Code     Entity Name     Locator ID

INCOME                    0                                                                        7001               Harbor             5430NK

INCOME                    0                                                                        7002               Chase              1121JL

DEDUCTIONS           0                                                                        7003              Acworth           5553AR  

I want my Join to come out like this:

JOIN

5430NK                Harbor

INCOME                   0

INCOME                   0

DEDUCTIONS          0  

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - thank you so much!!

2 REPLIES 2
Inactive User
Not applicable

Answer attached.

hgrebener002
5 - Atom

Worked like a charm!! THANK YOU!

Labels