Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Indent with Reporting > Table tool

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

I'm trying some rows in a column in a Reporting>Table tool.  Here's a screenshot. Can anyone see something obviously wrong with the settings or the formula?  I've tried changing settings like to 'Always', 'When row =', etc., but nothing will ever indent.  

asdf.PNG

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @Analyst,

What a great challenge - very few people get into the column styling rules, so this one should be fascinating.

Would you be able to mock up some simple data for an input, and a quick mockup of what you're looking for as an output?   That would really help to quickly work with you to get to a solution?

Have a good Sunday

Sean

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the hand, buddy.  My post was from a few weeks ago and I ended up not using the indent option.

Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No worries- is it still worth looking at this to see if we can figure out the answer?

If not then it may be worth closing this thread by marking it as solved.

Have a good week @Analyst

Sean

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

I researched internally and was provided with this information on the supported CSS styles within PCXML and the Composer.  The list is as follows:

background-color
background-image
border
color
font-family
font-size
font-weight
font-style
margin
padding
page-break-inside
page-break-after
page-break-before
text-align
text-decoration
vertical-align
white-space
width

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

Can someone please throw some more light on how to use formula style for formatting. I am trying to look for 'strike through' style , and seems the answer lies in Text decoration under formula style , but just not able to figure out the way to apply it.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Nevermind. This query can be ignored. I got the answer.

We can type the following in the formula section of Table Styles-   "text-decoration:line-through;"

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I need help with this and see no solution was ever posted. I want to indent rows in a column based on an if then else statement. I can get the the format I need using  the formula tool, but as soon as the data passes into the table tool, my only options are left, right or center alignment. I've even created a column rule with the same if/then/else statement, and it still does not work.

The attachment below shows how the column appears in the browse tool. I'm trying to get to this same column format in the table tool.

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

The way you could set an indent in the table tool is by creating a “Column Rule”. With the formula, you can use the CSS function “padding left” to pad/indent that column by a specified number of pixels. My formula was: "padding-left: 50px;" which indented by 50 pixels. I’ve attached a workflow package that shows what the default config table would look like versus the one with the indent column rule. My column rule config is as such:

2018-03-26_21-54-53.png

Best,

Ali

Labels