Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Incrementing Rows by 1 and Generating the Rows

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset that looks like this:  

wkrieng1_3-1611919001259.png

Need help on something that I thought would be straightforward with generating rows.  I just need to create additional rows incrementing +1 from the column "DateGroup". So basically, I would get additional rows of 0, 1, 2, down to the line while retaining the "Consumer_30Day_ID".  So as I increment 0,1,2 down to 31, those would rows would still have "Consumer_30DayID" as 1 as shown then next set increments from 31 and so on: 

wkrieng1_2-1611918984381.png

Thanks for your help.  

3 REPLIES 3
purnimat
7 - Meteor

Hi @whitkrieng ,

I have added a solution based on my understanding. If this is not what you were looking for, please let me know.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @whitkrieng ,

A slightly different take than @purnimat  one, I used a multi-row formula tool to find at which date group you should stop generating rows for each consumer-30Day_ID. Then I used the generate rows tool, to create those extra rows.

AngelosPachis_0-1611920026217.png

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Angelos

whitkrieng
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for your help.  Thank you Angelos this is what I was looking for, sorry if I didn't communicate the requirements fully.  Yes, I wanted it to keep a running count down with a group by the ID.  Thank you again!! 

Labels