Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Incorrect value from radio button

dipika1
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to update the value with that of the chosen radio button. But I am getting the wrong value. I have attached the output. Can someone please tell me what's wrong?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @dipika1,

This issue comes from the expression used in the formula tool. In order to check which radio button was selected, the condition should check the value of the variable against the strings "True" or "False".

IF [#1] = "True"
THEN Replace([Destination], "vale", "LEFT")
ELSEIF [#2] = "True"
THEN Replace([Destination], "vale", "RIGHT")
ELSE Replace([Destination], "vale", "BOTH")
ENDIF

Please find attached a minimal working example showing how to configure the formula tool to correctly interpret the selection from the interface tools.

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @dipika1 , try this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1595411447817.png

grazitti_sapna_0-1595411301137.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
dipika1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

can you please tell me what did you change in your workflow. Everything looks similar, I can't figure it out.

Thanks

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @dipika1 , I believe the value you passed to be changed for vale is different I mean I can see two different values vale with an L and va1e with a 1, also the configurations might be a little bit different. Is it possible for you to share your workflow so that I can figure it out?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
dipika1
6 - Meteoroid

@grazitti_sapna  Here is my workflow.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @dipika1 , I got it why are you getting this issue in your formula tool you have hardcoded the field with this value

'"direction": "vale", \
"filter": val'

In the first the case where you have applied the drop down interface the value of  "val" is being replaced with 1

therefore the new value for the field becomes

'"direction": "1e", \
"filter": 1'

replacing the val of the direction with 1e that is why you are getting this weird output. try replcaing the val with some other string and this may work for you as I have changed mine to va1e with a 1.

New value for column Data:

'"direction": "va1e", \
"filter": val'

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
dipika1
6 - Meteoroid

@grazitti_sapna 

Thanks a lot. It was really helpful.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@dipika1 , you are most welcome. Always happy to help!

Sapna Gupta
Labels