Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Including .yxi tools when publishing workflow to Alteryx server

Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a workflow which end with a 'publish to tableau server' tool. Previously when I was using older versions of this tool (normal macro tools) I was able to include this tool to when publishing to alteryx server by going 'manage workflow asset' -> select the macro -> publish -> schedule the workflow from the server.

Now with the new installed .yxi 'publish to tableau server tool' this no longer works. I don't get the option to include this tool in my workflow when publishing and it also isn't automatically included when publishing. Running the workflow locally there is no issue.

Am I missing something here, or does anyone else have idea on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jurjen

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Hi!

I would advise talking to your server admin and getting them to install the same .yxi on the server.

Then Alteryx Server will see this as a default tool and know where to look for it (this is why you dont get the option to include it as an asset(.

Ben
Labels