Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: The pipe has been ended -> All Troubleshooting Steps followed

dandev91
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a very simple workflow and very small dataset that simply reads a CSV with 31 lines (weather data), makes a few small calculations, and then writes to a database table using 'update; insert if new'.

I've included a screenshot of the error below:

Error.PNG

I have no joins, no unions, the dataset is small; so memory issues should not be a problem.  The database table was created using the very same workflow; the only different now is the writing method was changed from 'create table' to 'update; insert if new' (with the primary key added).

Does anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
JohnPo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dandev91,

Thank you for posting on the Community forum. Can you please provide your post below in an email to support@alteryx.com so we can further assist you? Please mention John Posada in the email, so that I may assist you.

Best,
John Posada
Cloud Engineer
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I have received this error for the following reasons (separate issues):

1.  There's a delimiter within one of the fields itself, in which case configure the input tool as "ignore delimiters in quotes".

2.  The table it's writing too, if it were to complete it's write, will exceed the amount of space available on the database.

3.  There's a string field in the table you're writing to with a length, of say, "X", and one of the data values for that field coming in from your Alteryx workflow is of size "bigger than X".

Sailor
7 - Meteor

Hi 

It may have something to do with the datatypes. I get the same error when reading a time column from the database. When the column is removed from the select, the error disapears. Try to change datatype with the select toll and proceed with your calculations

error.PNG

Regards Mats

Stockholm, Sweden

dandev91
7 - Meteor

It was number 3 in your list.

Thank you again for your assistance and sorry for the delay in accepting your response as the solution!

Labels