community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

In-database tools, how to do 'update, insert if new'?

Is it possible to 'update, insert if new' using the in-database tools? Or is there another way to approach this? There's update but no 'update, insert if new' - my use case is I have a staging table that has last 30 days of data, and I want to 'update, insert if new' into the table that has a full history, updating any existing records and inserting new records. I've done this with the standard tools but it's just too slow so I was wondering if this could be done more efficiently using the in-DB tools.

in-db update rows.PNG

Hello @exldigital,

Currently, there are no tools for "Insert if new."

I would recommend submitting the add request to our Designer- Ideas section. Please make sure that there are no existing ideas which are already requesting this feature.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Highlighted
Meteor

@exldigital  did you figure this out?

I am having the same problem. I found the original discussion of this feature and confirmation that it should be present as of 2018.4, but I can't see the 'Update Rows' and 'Delete Rows' options that are supposed to exist..

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/In-Database-Update-and-or-Delete/idc-p/19284...

@acowpy - I haven't really revisited this, and have just been doing a data outstream from In-DB and then connecting to the standard Output Tool which isn't ideal, but is something.

Labels