Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In Filter -In DB

Trich
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am using the filter IN-DB with a date criteria feeding a Connect In-DB. I have had to repeat the filter with the same date to different databases or Connect In-DB. Is there away that this can be done with one filter to multiple Connect In-DB?

Any help would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Trich 

Could you please provide printscreens of what problems you're facing?

I don't seem to get what issue you're having and a picture of the situation would be better to understand.

Cheers,

Trich
7 - Meteor

screenshot.png

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Trich 

So let me get this straight: you'd like to use a single filter tool to all of your connections? 

The filter tool accepts only a single input.

The picture doesn't say much about the problem itself, the only thing I can see is a filter tool with a hardcoded Date.

Cheers,

Trich
7 - Meteor

Thanks! is there away to feed a hardcoded date in to all the filters from something else?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Trich 

Yes, now I do get what you're saying.

You could use a Workflow user constant.

workflowconstant.PNG

Manually add the constant in this menu.

To reference it in the other filter tools: %User.ConstantName%

So when you need to update the date, you just need to change the value in this menu, not in all of the tools.

Cheers,

Trich
7 - Meteor
Thank you so much!
Labels