Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In Database Union data type mismatch

ddye
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am trying to union in database, and it looks like I am getting a data type mismatch error.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I can't find anything on it. 

Error: UNION types smallint and character cannot be matched. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

With that particular message, I would double-check the columns going into each side of the UNION.  If they match up correctly and it is truly the case that the same field is a smallint on one side, and a character-type field on the other side, then prior to the UNION, consider replacing the smallint field type with a character-type (e.g. use the In-DB Formula tool to create a new character field that does the simple cast to a character; then a In-DB Select tool to deselect that smallint field and replace it's position in the data with the recasted character-type field.  Hope that makes sense: I can't create a workflow sample workflow for In-DB.

ddye
8 - Asteroid

Thanks alot. 

Have a good one.

Labels