Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In Database Non-DSN connection String for AS400

hugh_pace
5 - Atom

I need to run a workflow that queries multiple AS400 systems (and tables) through a loop. I have typically looped through multiple tables using a batch macro but all of the tables so far have been on one system. I need to be able to use a DSN-less connection string because my DSN specific odbc driver, specifies a system within the driver. I need to use an interactive tool to replace parts of the connection string to cycle through multiple systems and tables of different names.

I have attempted to use various connection strings found on https://www.connectionstrings.com/

For ole db I have used the below:

Provider=DB2OLEDB.1;Password=password;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=user_name;Initial Catalog=Catalog_Name;Network Address=System_Name;Default Schema=Schema_Name

For odbc I use the below:

odbc:Driver={iSeries Access ODBC Driver};System=System_Name;Uid=user_name;Pwd=password;MGDSN=0; 

In both cases I can connection using the DSN-less connection strings noted above in a regular input tool. However it would save time if I could connect via an inDB tool. Is does not seem to work though. Does anyone have any solutions?

0 REPLIES 0
Labels