Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

In-Database Data Stream out Error

Highlighted

Hi guys, 

Anyone knows what this errors Data Stream Out (3) Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Could not complete cursor operation because the table schema changed after the cursor was declared refer to? I have a workflow to compare two views from SQL database and will output unique value after comparison. However, when I connect to a view from SQL database, I kept getting error as above. 

tempsnip.png.jpg

Appreciate it if anyone can help out! 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @christichen315315 

It doesn't make much sense to use Connect In-DB and Data Stream Out right afterwards because you could just bring a regular Input Tool and connect to your SQL Server database that you'd have the same effect. Just a tip to make your workflow more efficient and clean.

This error is not an Alteryx error, it's associated with the SQL Server database. Could you please clarify detail your query so we could have a clue of what could be the problem here?

Cheers,

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

@christichen315315  rewrite the alias again and it should work

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

By the way you can build the whole thing as an in-db workflow which will work fast...

While it's true that it takes one more additional step, using in-db by default in the way you describe and leveraging file-based connections can be much more seamless with connections you want to use in Alteryx Server. 

So, in reality, if you're automating, using in-db and streaming out is optimal. 

Labels