Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In-DB tool and Gallery Data Connection

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

just wanted to quickly confirm if we can use Gallery data connection in the In_DB tool? or creating ODBC DSN on User's machine as well as on the Server is the only option. We have few users who use In-DB tool in their workflows. Now we are migrating from the Data Source to Cloud and do not want to share the data source credentials with users. What options do we have?

Thanks,

Shrikant

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShrikantPatil 

Gallery Data Connections don't support In-DB connections so far.

There's a workaround using file connections

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/How-To-Create-an-Alteryx-In-DB-Connection-File/ta-...

You can share those files with the users.

Cheers,

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Hi @Thableaus thank you for quick response. I am not really clear on how I can create and share the indbc files. Dont users need to create the ODBC DSN locally?

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Thableaus  creating indbc file and sharing it with users worked. Main challenge I was having was not to create DSN which would require end users to create the DSN as well, I was able to create a indbc connection file using DSN less connection string. Thanks.

Labels