Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In-DB Error SQL Prepare

Brian_Foody
6 - Meteoroid
Seeing this error when using the In-DB tools. 

It appears to crop up when I add some additional complexity to the SQL query or the In-DB tools that follow the input connection (e.g. adding more items to the summarize tool or a multi-field IN statement on org ids). I am connecting to Presto with a generic ODBC connection. 

Anybody know how to resolve  ?
ErrorSQLPrepare.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Brian_Foody ,

We'll need more information. Can you show us the config of the tools, or can you provide the workflow? (no data required)

M.

Bulien

Brian_Foody
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks M. Attaching an anonymized version of the In_DB input config & the out from the 'dynamic Output In-DB' tool I used to analyze the issue.

I am using a multifield IN statement to filter on a large number of IDs in the SQL query. What I have noticed is when I reduce the number of Org IDs in the query, the error disappears. I'm wondering if there is some limitation on the number of arguments that the In-DB connection can handle...curiously when I try the same query in the regular Input Data tool it works just fine...

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is the With command in your SQL query? You can't use CTE (With) in In-DB - but yes, they do work just fine in regular Input Data...

Labels