Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In DB Dynamic Date filter

forifi1
5 - Atom

I need a way to filter on current date In DB, wither in the Data Input SQL, or via an In DB Filter on my canvas.  I can get the dynamic filter to work properly when not in In DB, but the same expression does not work In DB.  Appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @forifi1 

INDB requires the use of SQL syntax.

As an example, what you could get using "datetimetoday()" outside of INDB is equivalent to "cast(GETDATE()as date)" INDB. Hope this helps. Cheers!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @forifi1 

@christine_assaad 's method is most direct - The other alternative you have is wrap this in a batch macro (by dragging on a control parameter) and then you can use an Action tool to dynamically change filters or SQL queries.

You can learn more about batch macros here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923 

Labels