Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In-DB Action Update

Matt_S
7 - Meteor

I'd like to update a SQL statement contained in an In-DB Input tool based on user input through a gallery app. I've added a dummy value into my SQL ('xxx') and selected the Replace a specific string option from within the Action tool. Still, the value in the sql statement is unaffected. Any thoughts on why or if there is a more eloquent solution?

Ignore my connection error, I've simply stripped the details out for this example.

example.pngexample2.png

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Matt_S on the surface it looks like you've set it up correctly. In order to see what's going wrong, I would use the open debug to see what's up.

Capture.PNG

First make sure the interface designer is visible (View >>> Interface Designer). Then use the second option, the test view, to make a selection from your dropdown. Then you can click on open debug and it will show you a couple things: 1) The box at the top shows you your selection. You can see that I selected the value of a. You can also see that my action tool ran. 2) You can click on the tool and see that it indeed replace xxx with a like we wanted.

Capture2.PNG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matt_S 

First of all, are you running the app with the magic wand?

Second, when you run as an app you need at least put a browse tool and go to the Interface Designer tab to check the option "On Success Show Results to User"

Cheers,

Brost
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having similar challenges.  If anyone can help.  I have my action setup to replace a specific string in the sql, I have a browse tool, and I'm getting an error that there's not output files.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Brost_0-1630531538813.png

Brost_1-1630531549703.pngBrost_2-1630531556749.pngBrost_3-1630531566449.png

Labels