Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

In-DB Action Update

Matt_S
7 - Meteor

I'd like to update a SQL statement contained in an In-DB Input tool based on user input through a gallery app. I've added a dummy value into my SQL ('xxx') and selected the Replace a specific string option from within the Action tool. Still, the value in the sql statement is unaffected. Any thoughts on why or if there is a more eloquent solution?

Ignore my connection error, I've simply stripped the details out for this example.

example.pngexample2.png

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Matt_S on the surface it looks like you've set it up correctly. In order to see what's going wrong, I would use the open debug to see what's up.

Capture.PNG

First make sure the interface designer is visible (View >>> Interface Designer). Then use the second option, the test view, to make a selection from your dropdown. Then you can click on open debug and it will show you a couple things: 1) The box at the top shows you your selection. You can see that I selected the value of a. You can also see that my action tool ran. 2) You can click on the tool and see that it indeed replace xxx with a like we wanted.

Capture2.PNG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matt_S 

First of all, are you running the app with the magic wand?

Second, when you run as an app you need at least put a browse tool and go to the Interface Designer tab to check the option "On Success Show Results to User"

Cheers,

Brost
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having similar challenges.  If anyone can help.  I have my action setup to replace a specific string in the sql, I have a browse tool, and I'm getting an error that there's not output files.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Brost_0-1630531538813.png

Brost_1-1630531549703.pngBrost_2-1630531556749.pngBrost_3-1630531566449.png

Labels