Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Imputation tool limitation?

mst3k
11 - Bolide

While I don't use the imputation tool and would accomplish this task with a simple formula tool,  I noticed a quirk about the option for "Replace with value". It's a numeric up/down that doesn't allow negative numbers. Is that an oversight? Especially since in the "Incoming value to replace", if you choose "User specified value" it will let you pick negative numbers to replace - you just can't replace them with a specific negative number.  It seems like the ranges on the 2 numeric up/downs should match. The top one ranges from -100000000.000 to 100000000.000, while the lower one ranges from 0 to 100000000000000000000.000, which is also incredibly larger than the upper bound for the first one

mst3k_0-1631896612480.png

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Nice research @mst3k 🙂👍

The imputation tool is macro. You can right-click on it open the macro save it somewhere and do some experiments to understand more on this bhevaiour. 🙂

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mst3k 

I agree that the behaviour is inconsistent between the two tools.   Since this is an Alteryx supplied tool, the way to suggest this change is to post an idea here.  Should you decide to follow @atcodedog05's advice, the tool in the macro that you want to change is  tool 76 "updown User Replace With Value"

danilang_0-1631973926680.png

Dan

Labels