Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Imputation Indicator Issue

terry10
11 - Bolide

The imputation tool isn't indicating imputed rows as I would expect. I marked the value 1582 to be replaced by 1000, to output the imputed values as a separate field, and to include an imputed value indicator field. The imputed values were 1000 as expected, but the indicator field did not mark the rows with imputed values, it marked the rows with null values.

Is this a bug or am I not understanding the function of the indicator? Workflow attached.

ImputedIndicator.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Interesting. Just tested in 2018.1 and the issue still exists.

As this seems like a bug I would consider raising this with support@alteryx.com so they can pick it up from a solve in a more formal process. They'll also keep you in the loop as to when it is fixed.

The imputation tool is actually a macro so it's possible for you to make this change yourself however, having looked inside it myself just now it seems a bit complex to change!

Ben

terry10
11 - Bolide

Thanks, Ben.  I have sent it to support@alteryx.com.  I'll post what I hear back from them.

terry10
11 - Bolide

I just tested this (18 months later) in version 2019.4. The issue still exists.

JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @terry10 

It looks like your workflow is using version 1 of the Imputation tool.

This issue was fixed in version 2 of the Imputation tool which was released several years ago. I've confirmed the fix in version 11.7 (pre-2018.1).

Version 3 of the Imputation tool was just released in 2020.2. It fixes several issues in version 2.

To update an Imputation tool in an existing workflow, right-click the tool and select version you what to use. Then click back on to the tool and confirm the configuration.

ImputationV3.png

terry10
11 - Bolide

Thank you Jeff! I had given up on using the imputation tool.

I had never heard of selecting the version of a particular tool before. I assumed that by running the lasted version of Alteryx Designer, that I would also be using the latest version of the tools. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Labels