Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing txt and formating big file from a General Ledger in SAP

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

Good afternoon,

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me importing a file from a txt with 400.000 lines. I am attaching a sample for the first 4 lines. I am trying to import it but I am recieving an error, and does not let me use "tab" as a delimiter.

Furthermore, I need to format the file into an output, which I am also attaching as the "wanted output".

I will give further details if needed.

Attaching sample and desired output

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Cesc,

Not a very easy file to parse. the first step I did was to use new line as a delimiter and start working on it from there:

IraWatt_0-1654094158942.png

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @IraWatt . Will start from here. Could you share the alteryx file to check how you use the configuration of the tool after the input?

Thank you!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Cesc, I've attached the example. Let me know if you have any issues :) 

Cesc
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt ; Almost solved it with your alteryx example and the multiple row formula tool :) Thank you!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one @Cesc ! No worries, must have been a good multi row formula to clean that ! 😄

Labels