Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing multiple excel workbooks having multiple sheets

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have around 20 excel workbooks with each one having 4 sheets in them. The schema is same for all. I need to load all these excel workbooks at once in Alteryx so that I get all the data in a single excel workbook having only 4 sheets. I tried the wildcard function but it will require me to take 4 input data tool for getting the 4 sheets. So. I am looking for some other way. Is there anyway? It would really help me a lot if anyone can give any info regarding this

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

put them in a standalone directory on your computer and use a directory tool... Then try this nifty macro that I have - sending the full path in... (fixed to include .yxzp version)

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@RishiKIf you get a chance  can you testdrive my batchs? Trying to get feedback if they work as desired and are therefore gallery-worthy. Hypothetically they should take in an .xlsx or .xls file in a directory and union them all with no limitations on schema or multi-sheet files for .xls. Obviously this is easily done with a batch for .xlsx so the value-add is multi-sheet .xls.

It goes the R-route.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@apathetichell yes sure, I will have a play and let you know

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou. Helped a lot

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou

Labels