Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing multiple excel workbooks having multiple sheets

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have around 20 excel workbooks with each one having 4 sheets in them. The schema is same for all. I need to load all these excel workbooks at once in Alteryx so that I get all the data in a single excel workbook having only 4 sheets. I tried the wildcard function but it will require me to take 4 input data tool for getting the 4 sheets. So. I am looking for some other way. Is there anyway? It would really help me a lot if anyone can give any info regarding this

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

put them in a standalone directory on your computer and use a directory tool... Then try this nifty macro that I have - sending the full path in... (fixed to include .yxzp version)

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@RishiKIf you get a chance  can you testdrive my batchs? Trying to get feedback if they work as desired and are therefore gallery-worthy. Hypothetically they should take in an .xlsx or .xls file in a directory and union them all with no limitations on schema or multi-sheet files for .xls. Obviously this is easily done with a batch for .xlsx so the value-add is multi-sheet .xls.

It goes the R-route.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@apathetichell yes sure, I will have a play and let you know

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou. Helped a lot

Govind_Dileep_G
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou

Labels