Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing multiple excel files

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

All,

I'm importing multiple excel files in a data set.  I've found that when I import all files it ignores some saying that they have a different schema than the first one.  I bring up the first and one that is rejected and the only difference I see is that the rejected one has several rows of empty data.  I've include some sample files that fails with same message.  Any idea of something I'm not seeing?

I've tried to include the files but not sure whether they made it or not.

12 REPLIES 12
bdholm
5 - Atom

I'm new to macros. How do you configure the macro shown so that it reads in multiple files?

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Because it is a batch macro, we are going to pass complete file paths into the batch control input (? symbol) on the macro, and those filepaths will be used to replace the path hardcoded into the Input Tool within the macro.  Every row passed to the (?) triggers one run of the batch macro.  After each batch run, it will output the data through the macro output tool, unioning each successive run to the results of all previous runs.

The key is that the files have to have the same fields for this to work, since the batch macro has to union the results together at the end.  If one of the files has a different set of fields, it will ignore that run.

arsharsh
5 - Atom

Hi

Could you upload this macro file please? Thank you!

Labels