Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing multiple XLSX files which are in the same folder and has different sheet names

dizy_11
7 - Meteor

Hi I'm working with large number of xslx files which are in same folder but has different sheet name. I want to import these files in the designer without importing all with different input tools. Can anyone please tell an easy solution for this.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar
wlau
6 - Meteoroid

You basically need two things:

1. You need a list of all the different sheet names.  

2. You need to configure a dynamic input to use the different sheet names.

There are different ways to create your sheet names,

If all your workbooks have the same sheet names, then you can use a normal input Tool, connect to any of your workbooks and "import only the list of sheet names". 

If you have a situation where you have different sheet names in different files, it's a bit more complicated.  You would need to build the full path somewhere and then use that in the dynamic input and change the Action "Change Entire File Path".  

Hope this helps

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@dizy_11 ,

Something like this should work for you.

Attaching a workflow for reference.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Shreyansh Rathod

Labels