community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Importing an Excel Named Range that contains non contiguous columns

Has anyone ever Imported an Excel named nange that contains non contiguous columns?

Atom

Hi Scott.

You can try creating a named range within your Excel workbook then choose to import the named range into Alteryx. Named ranges can be created under the Formulas tab -> Name Manager. I've heard of someone having an issue importing a dynamic named range that used offset so if creating a named range that is static meets your current need - I suggest going that route. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I'm sure you tried this, but the Alteryx window did not recognize the non-cotiguous Named range that I set up. I also tested the old select statement method, and used both current and legacy drivers in each version of my testing. So far I have not been able to return a non-contiguous field range.

Thank you for your reply. I tried that as well.

Scott C. Hamilton
Manager - HR Partner Services
KPMG, LLP
3 Chestnut Ridge Road
Montvale, NJ 07645-0435
* Phone: (201) 307-7263
* e-Mail: schamilton@kpmg.com
* Please consider the environment before printing this email.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter.
Labels