Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Importing Text File is not Working

GabrielBacarin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have never had any problems importing delimited .txt files, but this week Alteryx seems to have stopped working properly. I am doing exactly what I have always done, but it is not working. All data is imported as "Null"

Attached a screenshot of how I normally import the files and another of the results.  For some reason now every single data becomes "null" after importing.

Does anyone have a clue?

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
It looks (see warning) like you have too many delimiters in some rows. You might need to clean the data up.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
GabrielBacarin
6 - Meteoroid

I opened the file with EditPad Lite, and there is nothing wrong with it. There is the exact amount of fields for each line.

Here are the first 2 lines:

Data início|Hora Início|Data Fim|Hora Fim|Operadora|Filial|Origem|Praça|Célula|Nome do Agente|Login SisAmil|Login Workflow|Nome do Cliente|Marca Ótica|Motivo|Número do Protocolo
31/12/2015|23:58:40|01/01/2016|00:08:20|AMIL|PARANÁ|Teleatendimento|Tamboré|Noturno|Name of the person|GECARDOSO|GECARDOSO|CLAUDIA PAIVA RIOS|871985420|Direcionamento|="28266002474"|

and so on....

What bothers me is that any other importer will read it, except alteryx. Alteryx is supposed to read this. Is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks a lot

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Didn't see this was part of a longer thread.
GabrielBacarin
6 - Meteoroid

You were right. There is an extra pipe in the end of every data row.

To fix it instead of removing the extra pipe of all the millions of lines, I added an extra pipe on the first row, and now it is working.

Thanks a lot!

Labels