Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Importing Data from Sharepoint to Designer: Error failed to read port assignment

bimalkumarkesh
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I am trying to import the data (XLSX, CSV files) from Sharepoint to Designer. But getting error as Internal error: Failed to read port assignment as in below Screenshot. Can anyone help me how to fix this issue?

bimalkumarkesh_1-1665662752119.png

11 REPLIES 11
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bimalkumarkesh ,

can you show the configuration of the tool?

Bulien

gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @bimalkumarkesh can you share you Designer version and Sharepoint tool version?

bimalkumarkesh
5 - Atom

Designer Version: 2022.1.1.40869 Patch: 2

Sharepoint Tool Version 2.2.0

bimalkumarkesh
5 - Atom

bimalkumarkesh_0-1665722030606.png

bimalkumarkesh_1-1665722057880.png

bimalkumarkesh_2-1665722085066.png

nikonino
5 - Atom

Having the same issue, 

Designer version:  2022.1.1.30961
Sharepoint Tool Version:  2.2.0

gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

@nikonino @bimalkumarkesh I am unable to replicate the error you are seeing. Can you uninstall the tool by going into your tools folder and deleting the sharepoint folder.

The folder is typically installed here C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools.

Once you deleted the folder, go to the Alteryx Public Gallery and download the latest version of the Sharepoint tool and install it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

Let me know if that works, and mark as such if so!

Iannatal
5 - Atom

I'm facing the same error, have tried to delete the folder and install sharepoint tools again, but the error remains.

nikonino
5 - Atom

@gyang3, thank you, I tried your solution but still came up short.

So I've gone to our onboarding consultant to see additional troubleshooting options, he said at first glance he suspects an authentication or SDK issue but has not confirmed . Additionally, I have a support ticket in. 

Will update the thread if a solution is found. It is the strangest thing because no one else on my team is having the same problem. 

nikonino
5 - Atom

Support got back to me with a solution that worked. The bolded instruction is the one that I had not tried yet so hopefully it proves useful to the rest of you. 

1. Delete the SharePoint tool folders found under either (or both) of these Tool directories:
    • C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools
    • C: \ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools
  2. Delete or rename the files/folders in this directory: C:\Users\<username>\.shiv
  3. Reinstall the connector by rerunning the .yxi install file
Labels