Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import yxwv file automatically

Aaron_dup_9
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a way to import a yxwv file automatically so the user doesnt have to manually open the file every time during execution.

What i am trying to achieve is for the user to run through an app, make a few selections, the results of which determine how certain columns are utilised. The intent is to give the designer the ability to easily re-run the app that they have created.

Aaron

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You might find this article useful. 

http://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm#Command_Line.htm

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Aaron_dup_9
7 - Meteor

Thank you, That helped. I should have thought to just open the file up in notepad and take a look.

Aaron

jineshnp31
8 - Asteroid

@MarqueeCrew Is it possible to use the yxwv file on Alteryx Gallery in any way?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jineshnp31 ,

I wish!  The best that you can do is to externalize the run-time parameters (won't always work) and consume the parameters in the workflow.

Example SAMPLE 200 records.  Instead of sample 200 records, apply a record id and then append the maximum count from the external file and filter for record id <= Max Records.

You need to think this one through and probably ERROR the process if the parameters are missing or invalid, but you should be doing that anyways.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
jineshnp31
8 - Asteroid

For now, I was able to achieve what I was trying to do through the command line execution through a batch file with all the list of parameters to run in sequence. But since I am the admin on the Server I was able to do it, wanted to work on a solution to facilitate other users who do not have the Desktop license and are strictly Gallery users to perform such operations where they need to run the same workflow several time with various parameter settings.

Thank you! 

Labels