Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Import row after text match in particular cell

ck2019
9 - Comet

Hi everyone

Not sure how to do this, but I have a bunch of files with a lot of detail in but I only really need to get the data from the row after the row that contains the text "journal entry" as attached. 

I tried a multi-row formula to create generate a value with "TRUE" if there was a match, with the intention of then filling down and applying a filter to only the true values but I couldn;t get it to work - ideally the true value would have been 1 cell down i.e row+1= TRUE but couldn't get that to work either!

Thanks for looking!

Cass

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Theres a few ways round this one, I would do something like...

1. RecordID data

2. Filter to row that contains journal entry. Then use a select tool to select only the recordID value and rename it 'filter above this'

3. Append the single value from 2 against your entire RecordID'd dataset from 1

4. Use a filter tool to only keep rows where the recordID is above the 'filter above this' value.

I cant see your multi row solution but if you want to perform a 'fill down' you must use the 'update existing field' option and then it should be simply [Row-1: truefield]

Ben
ck2019
9 - Comet

Excellent - that worked nicely!  Thanks a lot

Labels