Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Import multiple tables from Access database

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

I've got an Access database that I'm trying to convert to Alteryx. What's the best way to read in multiple tables from a single database?

4 REPLIES 4
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@tonypreece The best way is to create a batch macro that reads in a list of the tables. The macro will write out to a yxdb or the proper data source. 

You can learn more about macros here

Digan
Alteryx
tonypreece
10 - Fireball

Thanks @DiganP, I was looking at the Macro input tool when I asked about this, so glad you think I'm in the right place!

I'm struggling though with how to get the tool to read in every table in my database. I'm new to Alteryx and connecting to an Access input for the first time, can you (or anybody) signpost me to the right set of tools to do this?

I'm thinking create a table with all the Access table names then dynamically loop through an input tool joined with the table of table names, but don't know how to go about it, or if there's a better way.

JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tonypreece ,

This might help get you a list of tables in your Access database for your batch macro to loop through - 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/how-do-i-list-all-tables-in-database-using-an...

danchips24
7 - Meteor

Hi, were you ever able to get this to work? i am having the same issue and the only advice I've received from the community was directing me to this post. 

Labels